Thursday, January 31, 2019

Reading Journal Day 5/ The Color Purple/ Literary 3x3

1/31/19


Letters 23-27 (pages 42-58)
Reflection:
In these letters Mr.___’s real name was revealed, his name is Albert. I don’t believe his name fits his character. That name in my head is associated with weakness. It’s ironic because he was very strong minded and his name was not relevant to Celie because his placement in her life was not valued. So, when his name was introduced, it’s states that his role in her life is now significant for some reason.       I’m very excited about this change because now that Albert is becoming emotionally vulnerable it may give Celie a chance to feel equal to her prior superiority.


Day 5
Today, we took our class panoramic photo and I changed my hairstyle twice after I woke up this morning so that it would be perfect. Then I realized how I didn’t have to make myself look different for the picture, I just had to make sure I capture what’s my normal so that I can look back and remember what was normal for me when I was in high school. I am also starting to think that senioritis is really getting to me because I don’t have the same interest for high school as I did before and as each day progresses I feel more and more uninterested in school but excited for what I can learn. It’s very confusing that I have a drive to learn but I don’t like coming to school everyday.


Literary 3x3

• Awareness encourages growth
• Control yields fear
• Love highlights conpassion

No comments:

Post a Comment