Monday, February 11, 2019

Reading Journal Day 11/ The Color Purple

2/11/19


Letter 68 (page 178)
Reflection:
This letter was short, yet monumental in the novel because of the deep meaning behind the brief dialogue. Shug told Celie that she was coming to Tennessee with her and basically leaving everything she had behind. This letter was monumental because Celie was finally starting to understand things that she never understood in her lifetime so far. Though, this major change in Celie’s life was very important to her growth in to the end of the novel. It makes me appreciate everything I have and understand the purpose of change and how it can be beneficial.



Day 11:

My day today was boring. It was not very productive, but fortunately I have remained faithful to my daily schedule balancing school and sleep. I have been preparing for my audition for the school of music at Azusa Pacific University and it has been time consuming, but it is all worth it! Success takes patience and dedication, and that is a big part of my life. Today I learned that I need to be more confident in everything I do. I am intelligent and talented, but I have to be confident when I take part in certain programs or activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment