Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Reading Journal Day 8/ The Color Purple

2/5/19


Letter 43 (pages 102-103)
Reflection:
This letter, amongst the others, was special in its own way. Celie and Sofia have gotten much closer and the last thing Celie mentioned, was that she hadn’t heard Sofia giggle the way that she did, in three years. It seems that life can be overwhelming and it can get a hold of us all at some time, and we as a people can forget to enjoy the little things when everything in life seems so difficult. This time in particular it was someone noticing someone else’s moment of happiness, but either way having that brought to attention is very important. Without having joy even for short periods of time, we can lose a sense of who we are and it’s beautiful that the author was able to capture that in the most simple yet effective way.


Day 8:

My day today was okay, but very tiring. So, now that I am on a particular schedule that I’ve fell in to, I’ve been doing things around the same time every day. This makes me happy because I have been getting so many things done every single day all in the same time frame. I feel much more organized and productive than I have at any point in my life since I started high school. Fortunately, I know when to rest but that can be a little difficult when trying to accomplish so much in one day. So, today I was a very sleepy but productive. My day was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment