Monday, February 4, 2019

Reading Journal Day 7/ The Color Purple

2/4/19


Reflection:
So far in the novel, Shug Avery and Celie are becoming much closer and it seems almost as if Celie is in love with Shug. Celie feels like Shug is a queen and treats her as such and in return for wonderful care taking, Shug educates Celie on the same things Sofia and Nettie tried to tell her about, but because it comes from someone Celie is infatuated with, it’s valued a little more and taken into consideration. Shug also helps Celie to explore herself and be more in touch with her body and that it’s normal. Celie is developing as a character and it’s amazing. Her writings to god are starting to become more complex and it helps with understanding the novel as a whole. Now while Celie is developing, more issues arise and Sofia is faced with the reality of racism and white Supremacy. When Sofia was beaten and arrested, she said that she functions in jail by trying to be like Celie. Which is weak minded and submissive to the requirements of the white man. The book is getting better page by page and the value of history is expressed clearly in her writing.


Day 7:

My day today was good, in most ways similar to other good days. I am happy because I am falling into a particular schedule and I’m staying in sync with my energy. I woke up feeling great and I did everything in good time and I accomplished a lot. My day was productive

No comments:

Post a Comment